The Human Capital Operational Programme (HCOP), approved by the European Commission's decision from 12th December 2014, aims to contribute to an intelligent, sustainable and inclusive growth and to the economic, social and territorial cohesion. The achievement of the Europe 2020 goals is based on five main objectives:
1. Promotion of academic success and reduction of early school-leaving (ESL);
2. Improvement of employability through the adjustment between supply and demand in the labour market;
3. Increased attractiveness of Higher Education and number of graduates;
4. Improvement of the adult population qualifications;
5. Promoting the quality and regulation of the education and training system.