On October 31st Moisés Pinto was at Explain it like I'm 5! talking about flirting molecules and their application in eco-innovative studies.
If you did not had the cahnce to assit it live, you can now whatch the video here or at Explain it like I'm 5! website.
Why do molecules like to flirt in tight spaces?
How can we separate molecules from each other? And how do we get them to flirt and generate new molecules? Do they prefer dancing tightly or a few feet apart?
“Explain it like I’m 5 – talks at Técnico for children and other curious people of all ages” is designed for young people but older people can come as well, if the children let them.
Why does the Earth shake?
14th November, 11:00
Mónica Amaral Ferreira, Civil Engineering Research and Innovation for Sustainability (CEris)
23rd May, 11:00
What if I want to build a robot? | Video – Ep.1
Isabel Ribeiro, Institute for Systems and Robotics, ISR Lisboa
6th June, 11:00
Is zero an odd or even number? | Video – Ep.2
Ana Moura Santos, Center for Functional Analysis, Linear Structures and Applications, CEAFEL
20th June, 11:00
Does the Universe have an end? | Video – Ep.3
Pedro Abreu, Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particle Physics, LIP
4th July, 11:00
Does air belong to all of us? | Video – Ep.4
Marta Almeida, Center for Nuclear Sciences and Technologies (C2TN)
18th July, 11:00
Is there life in other planets? | Video – Ep.5
Zita Martins, Centro de Química Estrutural, CQE
5th September, 11:00
Can machines think? | Video – Ep.6
Arlindo Oliveira, INESC-ID
19th September, 11:00
Can a cat make a computer run faster? | Video – Ep.7
Yasser Omar, Instituto de Telecomunicações, IT
3rd October, 11:00
What is space made of? | Video – Ep.8
Ricardo Schiappa, Center for Mathematical Analysis, Geometry and Dynamical Systems (CAMGSD)
17th October, 11:00
What colour was Napoleon’s white horse? | Video – Ep.9
Ana Mourão, Center for Astrophysics and Gravitation, CENTRA
31st October, 11:00
Why do molecules like to flirt in tight spaces? | Video- Ep. 10
Moisés Pinto, Centro de Recursos Naturais e Ambiente (CERENA)
These talks are organised by the Science Communication Group at Técnico -“ComunicaCiencia”.
SCIENCE COMMUNICATION GROUP – RESEARCH UNITS
- Centre for Mathematical Analysis, Geometry, and Dynamical Systems (CAMGSD)
• Marine, Environment and Technology Center (MARETEC)
• Center for Nuclear Sciences and Technologies (C2TN)
• Centre for Innovation, Technology and Policy Research (IN+)
• Center for Functional Analysis, Linear Structures and Applications (CEAFEL)
• Centre for Marine Technology and Ocean Engineering (CENTEC)
• Centre for Management Studies (CEG-IST)
• Center of Physics and Engineering of Advanced Materials (CeFEMA)
• Centre for Theoretical Particle Physics (CFTP)
• Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics (CEMAT)
• Centro de Química Estrutural (CQE)
• Centro de Recursos Naturais e Ambiente (CERENA)
• INESC Microsystems and Nanotechnologies (INESC-MN)
• Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences (iBB)
• Mechanical Engineering Institute (IDMEC)
• Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores: Investigação e Desenvolvimento em Lisboa (INESC-ID)
• Institute for Plasmas and Nuclear Fusion (IPFN)
• Institute for Systems and Robotics (ISR)
• Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT)
• Civil Engineering Research and Innovation for Sustainability (CERIS)
• Laboratory of Instrumentation and Experimental Particle Physics (LIP).